Digital Inclusion refers to the activities necessary to ensure that all individuals and communities, including the most disadvantaged, have access to and use of information and communication technologies.
This includes 5 elements:
- Affordable, robust broadband internet service;
- Internet-enabled devices that meet the needs of the user;
- Access to digital literacy training;
- High-quality technical support;
- Applications and online content designed to enable and encourage self-sufficiency, participation, and collaboration.
Digital Inclusion must evolve as technology advances. Digital Inclusion requires intentional strategies and investments to reduce and eliminate historical, institutional and structural barriers to access and use technology.
We work collaboratively with local, state, and national partners to provide support, resources, and capacity-building support for digital inclusion initiatives. We also seek to serve as a resource to policymakers and the general public through our core programming.
We are proud to be a recognized affiliate of the Digital Inclusion Alliance.